The wok is a versatile pan, deep enough to hold most family meals using a single dish. You can do so much with this pan – it’s a deep fryer, a skillet, a slow cooker and a pot – all in one. But not all woks are created equal, especially if you have an electric stove.
The best wok for electric stove tops is flat bottomed. This will help ensure the bottom of the pan stays in contact with the heat source at all times, allowing for an even heat distribution. This makes all the difference, so let’s take a look at some of the best woks for electric stoves out there.
- Top 10 Best Wok for Electric Stove Reviewed
- 1. Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen 14-inch Carbon Steel Wok Stir Fry Pan with Bamboo Handles
- 2. Joyce Chen , Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok Set, 4-Piece, 14-Inch, Charcoal
- 3. Lodge Pro-Logic Wok With Flat Base and Loop Handles, 14-inch, Black
- 4. Cuisinart 726-38H Chef’s Classic Stainless 14-Inch Stir-Fry Pan with Helper Handle and Glass Cover
- 5. Souped Up Recipes Carbon Steel Wok For Electric, Induction and Gas Stoves (Lid, Spatula and Seasoning Video Guide Included)
- 6. Cooks Standard Stainless Steel Multi-Ply Clad Wok, 13″ with High Dome lid, Silver
- 7. Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 13-Inch Flat-Bottom Wok
- 8. Calphalon Triply Stainless Steel 12-Inch Wok Stir Fry Pan With Cover
- 9. Kenmore Hammond Flat Bottom Carbon Steel Wok, 14-inch, Black
- 10. KYTD Carbon Steel Wok, Stir Fry Pan Flat Bottom Pan, Iron Wok with lid, for Electric Stove, Induction Cooker and Gas Stove(12.5 Inch)
- What to Look for When You’re Buying a New Wok
- Choosing the Best Wok for Electric Stove Tops
Top 10 Best Wok for Electric Stove Reviewed
Helen Chen’s carbon steel wok features a sturdy design, with a heat-resistant bamboo handle and a helper handle for easy maneuvering while cooking. The carbon steel distributes the heat quickly and evenly, while developing a natural non-stick film, much like a cast-iron skillet.
This pan is rust resistant when properly seasoned, but even a little rust won’t harm the top-notch performance of this skillet. The durable 1.8 mm carbon steel composition makes it ideal for high-heat performance as it quickly conducts heat – you will be cooking in no time!
- Flat bottom pan that works safely and securely with all types of ovens and ranges.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects, so you can cook with peace of mind.
- Large, 14-inch diameter ideal for making family meals
Customers love this pan – it’s versatility, it’s removable handle and its size. Just make sure that you learn how to take care of carbon steel, and you will be obsessed with the non-stick, even cook you get from this pan.
The Joy Chen Wok is another that features carbon steel, but this set comes with a few more pieces to help you make the perfect stir fry. With a dome lid, 12-inch bamboo spatula and recipe book, you have everything you need to make the perfect dish in no time.
Make sure you season the wok before use to help protect the pan. The 1.5mm pan is thinner than the Helen Chen option, but it still heats up fast and even over any kind of stove top, making it one of the best wok for electric stoves.
- Birchwood handles will stay cool during use – there are two to help you move the pan with ease.
- The nonstick dome lid will help you keep in the heat, moisture and nutrients while you cook.
- This is handwash only, but its non-stick coating and flat-bottomed design makes for easy clean up and storage.
The curved cooking interior helps you use less oil, allowing you to make restaurant quality food at home that is healthier. You get a lot for your money with this set, so it’s no wonder it’s one of the highest rated woks on Amazon.
The Lodge Pro-Logic Wok is another great option. It is 14 inches in diameter, pre-seasoned with vegetable oil so you are ready to get started right after you open the package. This is cast iron, so it’s a bit heavier than other woks, but that makes it even more versatile.
Not only is it one of the best wok for electric stove tops, you can use it in the oven, on the grill, or over a campfire. No matter how you want to cook, this wok will be able with withstand the heat and is ready for you to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry or grill whatever your heart desires.
- American made, cast iron wok that gets better over time with natural seasoning for a non-stick, even cook.
- The large handles and flat-bottomed base make it easy to handle while cooking, and its cast iron make helps it to retain heat better.
- Hand wash, but with its pre-seasoned coating, all you need to do is wipe it down or use mild soap to clean Don’t forget to season it with vegetable oil!
This is one of the most versatile options on the list. It can be used on nearly every cooking surface – with the only exception being a microwave. It may be bulky, but the Lodge Pro-Logic Wok makes up for it in quality. It only gets better with age!
4. Cuisinart 726-38H Chef’s Classic Stainless 14-Inch Stir-Fry Pan with Helper Handle and Glass Cover
The Cuisinart Chef’s classic wok is made of a mix of stainless steel with an encapsulated aluminum core, but don’t let that stop you. This is one of the only woks on the list that can be popped in the dishwasher for the easiest, hands free clean up.
The 14-inch pan has handles that stay cool, with a riveted handle and opposite helper handle to help you keep control of the pan even during the most intense frying. This comes with a see-through glass cover to help you sauté with ease knowing you can see everything that’s happening.
- This wok can be placed into the oven up to 550 degrees F, in addition to being one of the best woks for electric stove tops.
- The aluminum base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly, helping to eliminate hot spots for an even cook throughout the pan.
- There are measurement markings on the pan to help you use fewer dishes, making it one of the most convenient to use woks on this list.
The wide, deep design helps you use minimum oil, helping you make healthier meals for less – simply pop on your flavor lock lid and seal in the flavors. A limited lifetime warranty protects against manufacturer defects, helping you protect your investment.
5. Souped Up Recipes Carbon Steel Wok For Electric, Induction and Gas Stoves (Lid, Spatula and Seasoning Video Guide Included)
The Souped Up Recipes Carbon Steel Wok is a little smaller than others on the list, coming in with a 12.5 diameter, but it makes up for its slighter build with high performance. The carbon steel is lightweight and easy to use, heating up quickly and retaining heat well.
This set comes with a wooden lid and a metal spatula, as well as links to Souped Up’s YouTube channel to help you get started with more than 190 recipes. This wok doesn’t come pre-seasoned, so you’ll need to season the pan before you get started.
- The smaller size makes it easier to handle and cook smaller meals with ease, and the carbon steel is durable while remaining lightweight.
- Wooden lid helps lock in moisture and nutrients while cooking, both useful and aesthetically pleasing with its Fir wood design.
- Coated with a wax that will need to be removed prior to use. You’ll need to season it to become nonstick!
This product was created by the popular YouTube channel Souped Up Recipes, which has more than 8 million views. It is trusted by millions of viewers and has nearly 2,000 reviews on Amazon, making it one of the best woks for electric stoves and more.
Another wok that is slightly on the smaller size, the Cooks Standard Stainless Steel Multi-ply clad wok is 13 inches, stainless steel and has an aluminum core for easy and even cooking. Even the handles are stainless steel, but they have air-flow technology that help it stay cool.
This can be popped in the dishwasher for easy clean up, and it can be used in the oven up to 500 degrees, which is one of the highest temperature features on this list. It comes with a stainless steel dome lid to help lock in moisture while retaining an even heat.
- Composed of the three layers of metal – an interior and exterior lay of premium grade stainless steel with an aluminum core.
- In addition to its nonstick coating, it is also scratch resistant, helping your wok look new longer.
- Can be used on all surfaces, including in the oven.
The alloy aluminum core extends along the bottom and up the sides, which allows for the heat to evenly cook throughout the pan. That means everything touching the sides will be cooked, in addition to the bottom, helping you cook more food faster.
The Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 13-Inch Flat-Bottom Wok has a versatile design that is flared, allowing you to use multiple cooking techniques with ease. Instead of cast iron or carbon steel, this features hard anodized aluminum to conduct heat evenly throughout.
This wok is durable and features a nonstick interior that can be used on any range and in the oven up to 450 degrees. It has stainless steel handles that stay cool in the highest of heats. And best of all – it is dishwasher friendly!
- There is a three-layer nonstick interior – no extra oil needed! It is durable and ready for daily use.
- This wok’s design features a contemporary take on a traditional pan, with wide, curved sides and a flat base for use on whatever cooking surface you prefer.
- Works best with plastic, coated, nylon or wooden utensils to help protect the pan’s performance.
This woks construction with hard anodized aluminum is unique, but it is durable and long lasting. Its unique, versatile design and trusted brand name makes it one of the best work for electric stove tops.
Another Calphalon option is its triply stainless steel 12-inch wok stir fry pan. This option comes with a clear, tempered glass lid, which is perfect for steaming vegetables and making soup, just be sure to use nylon, coated, wood or metal utensils to prevent scratching.
This wok has a flat bottom with a wide cooking surface, which is especially good on an electric stove. It features a lifetime warranty, which is great to protect the three-layer construction. The heavy-gauge aluminum core promotes even heating throughout.
- Both the wok and the cover are safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees and also be used safely in the broiler.
- The stainless steel exterior is modern, and the satin interior prevents food from sticking.
- Petite in design, but powerful to use. And most importantly, it’s dishwasher safe.
This is one of Amazon’s choice products for a reason. It is versatile, easy to use and fast to clean. You can rest assured knowing you make your favorite dish in this stainless steel wok without a chemical coating.
The Kenmore Hammond Flat Bottom Carbon Steel Wok features a 14-inch, flat-bottom wok for use on electric stoves and more. There is a non-stick PTFE and PFOA free coating, and the wok is heat resistant up to 500 degrees. Its 1.8mm carbon steel design evenly distributes heat.
This wok will let you use less oil, for a low-fat cooking style with an easy cleanup. The double riveted acacia wood handles are heat resistant and feature an ergonomic grip for easy handling, no matter the surface you’re using to cook.
- Modern design will look great in any kitchen, backed by a trusted brand name known for high quality products.
- The heavy gauge carbon steel distributes heat evenly and quickly for fast and easy food preparation.
- Easy to clean, all you need to do is rinse, wash and wipe off. Be sure to season it with a thin layer of oil after each use!
This wok is cost efficient, one of Amazon Choice’s products and highly rated by hundreds of happy customers. People love its large size, nonstick coating and versatile use, making it one of the best woks for electric stoves.
10. KYTD Carbon Steel Wok, Stir Fry Pan Flat Bottom Pan, Iron Wok with lid, for Electric Stove, Induction Cooker and Gas Stove(12.5 Inch)
KYTD is a newer brand, but their carbon steel wok packs a punch. Coming in at 12.5 inches, you can make all types of dishes for the whole family. It is made of 1.5mm carbon steel, which conducts heat quickly and evenly.
The KYTD wok is thin enough to handle with ease while being sturdy thanks to the wooden handles. The lifetime warranty guarantees 100 percent satisfaction or they will refund or replace the wok. That’s how much they believe in their product!
- The flat bottom design can be used on all tops of stove tops with ease, and the fish scale shaped design prevents scratching and promotes non stick coating.
- Constructed with iron, it easily conducts heat, saving energy and promoting fast and easy cooking.
- Ergonomic design makes it easy for you to handle across all surfaces.
This wok comes with a wooden cover to help you steam your favorite meals. It’s thick but lightweight – so you don’t have to worry about burning the pan. It heats up fast, helping you make your food faster and you don’t have to worry about stuck on food with its coating!
What to Look for When You’re Buying a New Wok
When you’re looking to buy the best wok for electric stove tops, there are several things you should keep in mind. First and foremost, the wok needs to have a flat bottom to promote proper and even heat conductivity.
You can choose between type, entirely based on preference. Cast iron is heavy and traditional, but you can also go with stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum and more. Stainless steel and aluminum woks can be washed in the dishwasher, while the others need to be seasoned.
The flat bottom is key when you have an electric stove. This will help keep the wok in contact with the heat source, allowing for the pan to be evenly heated, which is crucial when you’re making food. No one wants only half the wok to be hot!
Why do I need to season my wok?
Cast iron and carbon steel don’t have nonstick coatings. Instead, you need to season the wok, which means wiping it down with water and rubbing a thin layer of oil. Properly seasoning will make your wok last longer.
Can I put my wok in the dishwasher?
Only stainless steel and aluminum woks are dishwasher friendly.
Choosing the Best Wok for Electric Stove Tops
When it comes to choosing the best wok for electric stove tops, you have a lot to consider. We looked at some of the top-rated woks on Amazon, giving you much to consider. Size, material, and coating are a few.
The most important thing for you to keep in mind is that you need to have a wok with a flat bottom. It will help ensure the bottom is connected to the heat source at all times, which helps for even cooking.
So pick up your favorite wok and start cooking today – you’ll wonder how you ever cooked without it.