With the vast number of roaster ovens on the market, it can be difficult to find the perfect one. So to make your buying experience a little easier, here is a buying guide for finding the perfect oven roaster. Included below are some examples of the best oven roaster products found online.
Though there is an abundance of oven roasters on the market to choose from, this list strives to help you narrow down your search. The reviews below include key features and specifications of each oven roaster, and are meant to help you decide on the best buy. After the reviews, the end of the article includes a FAQ section, which answers any hypothetical questions you may have prior to buying.
- Top 8 Best Oven Roasters Reviewed
- 1. EaZy BrandZ EZO-3016R oberdome plus Roaster Oven, Red
- 2. Nesco 4816-12 Roaster Oven
- 3. The Oster 24-Pound Turkey Roaster Oven, 18-Quart
- 4. Oster Roaster Oven with Buffet Server, 18 Quart, White
- 5. BELLA 24-Pound Turkey Roaster with Variable Temperature Control & Removable Pan & Rack, Black
- 6. Nesco 4816-14 Porcelain Roaster Oven, 6 quart, White
- 7. Chefman 14 Quart Roaster Oven Cooker w/High Dome Self-Basting Lid, Perfect for Slow Cooking, Baking, Serving & More, XL Family Size Fits 20 Lb Turkey or Roast, Removable Dishwasher Safe, Black.
- 8. NESCO 4818-12, Classic Roaster Oven with Porcelain Cookwell, Red, 18 quart, 1425 watts
- Oven Roaster Buying Guide
- Oven Roaster FAQ
Top 8 Best Oven Roasters Reviewed
This particular oven roaster includes a red oberdome covering as its top. This oberdome top keeps the heat of the food in the roaster oven while cooking, which ensures constant and even distribution of temperature inside.The oberdome includes a shiny gloss outerfinish, and an enamel coated inner dual walled domed lid. The shine of the oberdome is enhanced by its’ bright red color, which is perfect for those who want to add a flamboyant touch to their kitchen.
The EaZy BranZ oven roaster boasts of a 51% faster cooking time than a conventional oven. This faster cooking time is a result of the oven roasters’ structure, such that the heat is efficiently trapped inside the oberdome to ensure swift and thorough cooking. This oven roaster employs 1150 watts of energy, which is considerably less than the conventional oven option but just as effective in its ability to cook well and thoroughly.
This oven roaster presents numerous qualities that make it a good option. It’s energy efficient, meaning that it utilizes less energy than a conventional oven but cooks just as well, if not better. Its slick look can add a little flair to your kitchen. Plus, it’s designed well, making it easy to clean and built to withstand the test of time.
- A beautiful, red oberdome covering with glossy outer finish and enamel coated lid.
- Lightweight, weighing in at less than eight pounds.
- Energy efficient. Preheats in less than 6 minutes and employs only 1150 watts.
- Easy to clean.
- Traditionally used to cook turkey, but can also cook other food options, including meat or vegetarian.
BRAND: Eazy BrandZ
MODEL: oderdome plus
WEIGHT: 8 pounds
This Nesco roaster oven model offers adjustable temperature control, which ranges from 175 fahrenheit up to 425 fahrenheit. So whether you prefer to let the food simmer at low heat, or cook it quicker at high heat, this oven roaster enables you to do so. This oven roaster is shaped in a way that traps the heat inside and allows for even cooking and resulting even temperature on all sides.
It is available in two sizes, 6 quarts or 18 quarts. So whether you are looking to feed a lot of people or just yourself, you can choose the size accordingly. Multiple color options are also available.
Nesco has had a tradition of excellence since the 1930s, so if you are looking for a well-known, well-established brand, this may be it. Furthermore, the multiple features that characterize this particular model make it an oven roaster choice to consider.
- Temperature control, which ranges from 125F to 425F
- A steel rack included that enables fat-free roasting and baking
- A porcelain cookwell
- Multiple color options available, including red, white, silver/black, stainless steel, silver.
- Available in 6 quart or 18 quart size.
WEIGHT: 10 pounds
This Oster oven roaster is made of stainless steel and comes in black and grey coloring. It includes an enamel-on-steel rack inside, which enhances its overall structure to facilitate even temperature distribution and allows for easy clean-up.
Its temperature control allows cooking at temperatures as low as 150 F up to 450 F, with a special setting for ‘defrost’ and ‘keep warm.’ This adjustable temperature control allows you to cook frozen food quickly, or simmer food for slow-cooking if you choose.
Like most other oven roasters, it is more energy efficient than a conventional oven, using only 1450 Watt of energy.
This Oster oven roaster can be used to cook a variety of dishes, though turkey is the most traditional option. The 18 quart capacity of this oven roaster is enough to accommodate 24 pounds of food, so it is a perfect choice for hosting a celebration or a large family gathering. Considering the unique key features and specifications of this Oster oven roaster is key in deciding on whether or not to settle on this pick.
- Adjustable temperature control, 150F to 450F
- Large size that fits 18quarts or otherwise, a 24 pound turkey
- Enamel steel rack enables you to transfer food from oven roaster to dish with ease
- Includes ‘defrost’ and ‘keep warm’ settings.
- Grey and black exterior.
WEIGHT: 10 pounds
This particular oven roaster is most noticeably different in the fact that it is multi-purpose. It is both an oven roaster, and a buffet server. The oven roaster includes an electric buffet server, with multiple, removable pans to hold multiple dishes.
Like many other oven roasters, this Oster oven roaster also includes a steel rack. This part of the oven roaster suspends the food being cooked, so that it does not stick to the bottom of the oven roaster and doing so, it allows for easier cleaning. The lid for the oven roaster fits snug as to ensure that all heat stays trapped to better facilitate cooking or otherwise keeping the food warm.
This particular oven roaster boasts of utilizing 36% less energy than conventional ovens. At the same time, it also boasts of being able to cook at a 30% faster rate. This signals energy efficiency, which is an added benefit to the multiple special characteristics already listed above as the reasons to consider this oven roaster.
- Large capacity of 18 quarts can fit an 18 pound turkey.
- Cooks with 36% less energy usage than a traditional oven, but 30% quicker
- Converts into a buffet server, which keeps the food warm while being served.
- Lid made of aluminum steel and enamel covering, with the steel being excellent at resisting corrosion.
- Includes a buffet server, with 3 removable pans.
WEIGHT: 17.6 pounds
This BELLA oven roaster has a huge holding capacity, especially relative to the other oven roaster examples listed. It weighs almost 18 pounds and can hold as much as 24 pounds worth of food. Like the other oven roasters on the list, it includes an adjustable temperature feature, with temperatures that can range from 150 F to 450 F.
The BELLA oven roaster is overall designed efficiently. It includes a removable cooking pan and wire rack, with all components being easy to clean. The color of the oven roaster is pitch black throughout, so that may be an added benefit if you prefer black kitchen appliances.
- Made mostly of stainless steel, which is excellent at resisting corrosion
- Includes a metal rack to suspend the cooking turkey or other food, making clean up easier
- Variable temperature control, 150F to 450F
- Large holding capacity of 17 quarts, which can fit 24 pounds of food
- Pitch black color
WEIGHT: 17.86 pounds
This particular Nesco oven roaster can cook up to 6 quarts of food, so it is relatively small especially compared to the other examples listed here. Considering how small it is, it is also lightweight, weighing in at only 9 pounds. Though it cannot cook or hold a lot of food, the small size of this oven roaster gives it an added benefit of being extra portable.
Like the other oven roasters on the market, it too, is energy-efficient. It provides temperature control, which ranges from 200 F to 450 F. Due to its smaller size, it uses even less energy than larger oven roasters, with 750 watts at its heating base.
The oval shape and the stay-cool handles comprise the general look of this particular oven roaster. It includes a removable steel rack inside of it, plus enamel coating on its outside, both of which enable easier cleaning. This particular oven roaster has a black lid, black handles and a white oval exterior.
- Porcelain cookwell and finish
- Long handles, which grip well and keep cool
- Variable temperature control, ranging from 200 fahrenheit to 450 fahrenheit
- Six quarts can cook for up to six people
- Oval shape
- Black and white exterior
WEIGHT: 8.95 pounds
7. Chefman 14 Quart Roaster Oven Cooker w/High Dome Self-Basting Lid, Perfect for Slow Cooking, Baking, Serving & More, XL Family Size Fits 20 Lb Turkey or Roast, Removable Dishwasher Safe, Black.
This particular oven roaster presents with a 14 quart capacity but can hold up to about 20 pounds of food. It is only offered in black.
This oven roaster has a high dome lid, which is useful for sealing in heat and enables more food to fit inside. It includes an adjustable temperature gauge, as well as an added function of ‘defrost.’ It promises to utilize 30% less energy than a conventional oven, and yet, it is able to cook fast if needs be.
This Chefman oven roaster includes a stainless-steel roasting rack and other components for easy clean-up and reassembly. The outside of this particular oven roaster is coated with enamel to further facilitate easy cleaning. All in all, the makeup of this Chefman oven roaster is durable and the appliance is overall practical, with multiple unique special features.
- 14 quart capacity, which can accommodate up to 20 pounds of food
- Includes a stainless-steel roasting rack
- Easy to clean, with no-stick enamel covering
- High Dome basting lid, which helps keep moisture and heat in
- Variable temperature control, with a ‘defrost’ option
MODEL: 14 Quart Roaster Oven
WEIGHT: 13.97 pounds
This particular oven roaster presents with an 18 quart capacity, so it is fairly large. It is sold in a loud, red color. So if aesthetics is important to you, this may be an option if all other specifications are met.
This oven roaster is energy efficient, utilizing only 1425 Watt of energy in its use. The temperature control maxes at 450 F. Current customer testimonials allege that this is an excellent choice for slow cooking.
This Nesco oven roaster is able to perform the same functions as a conventional oven, minus broiling but with added benefits. It is easier to clean than a traditional oven, more energy efficient, perfect for slow cooking and a bold, beautiful red exterior.
- Porcelain cookwell
- 18 quart capacity
- Loud color for some added style to your kitchen
- Great for slow cooking
WEIGHT: 17.5 pounds
Oven Roaster Buying Guide
When looking at the best oven roaster to buy, there are a variety of factors to consider. With the vast number of oven roasters on the market, finding the perfect one may seem like a daunting task. So throughout your search, it is useful to consider the material, size, weight and any special features of the prospective oven roaster purchase.
Choosing an oven roaster that is made of high-quality materials is imperative if you are looking for an oven roaster that will last a long time. If the material is durable and high-quality, you can feel assured that your oven roaster will withstand the test of time.
An oven roaster that includes enamel coating makes stickiness less likely. Aluminum steel is allegedly excellent for resisting corrosion. Porcelain or stainless steel are also used in the make-up of some oven roasters due to their durability.
When deliberating what oven roaster to buy, size is one characteristic that is worthy of consideration. What size is most suitable for you depends on your preference and your personal circumstances.
The weight of the oven roaster is closely tied to its size. The larger-sized oven roasters weigh more. The smaller ones weigh less.
For convenience and portability, you may want to consider an oven roaster that is lighter over those that are heavier. Heaviness ensures sturdiness but it can be cumbersome to transport from one location to the next.
One last factor to consider when choosing an oven roaster is any special features. In this list, one oven roaster is listed as doubling up as a buffet server. This is just one example of a special feature but there are many other possibilities, like color, for example.
Oven Roaster FAQ
Q. What is an oven roaster?
An oven roaster is a sort of substitute for a conventional oven. So instead of cooking inside a conventional oven, an oven roaster enables you to cook inside a pot that is placed upon a countertop. This mode of cooking saves energy, cleaning time and as a result, it is the preferred method of cooking turkey and meats for many.
Q. What characteristics should I consider when looking to buy an oven roaster for my kitchen?
When considering buying an oven roaster, there are many factors to consider. Weight, features, size and the material of an oven roaster are all useful characteristics to take into account when making your choice. Ultimately, it comes down to preference and you may consider trying a few oven roasters to find the one that you like best.
Q. Is it worth it to invest in a roaster oven?
Oven roasters are preferred by many to cook large turkeys or other meat portions. There are multiple benefits to using an oven roaster over a conventional oven, one being energy efficiency. In many circumstances, using an oven roaster also ensures an easier clean-up.