You may remember the awesome Baobab giveaway from the generous guys at Aduna recently. One of their other gems is Moringa. A leaf with an incredible nutritional powerhouse profile which is conveniently dried and ground to a powder for an intense extract that can be added to smoothies, water, juice, cereals, oats, in baking and more.
Milder than many other green powders, it can be used with mild flavours without over powering the taste and is a great option to those sensitive to the taste of other powders or for those who don’t eat enough greens and for anyone who simply wants to boost their health of course.
Aduna even make fabulous bars with their powders. I love the Moringa in smoothies and the Baobab makes a regular appearance in morning raw oats and my Raw Nutty Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
This smoothie is vibrant and summery making you feel brighter even if it’s dull outside. You can sub peaches for the nectarines and some or all of the basil for another green like spinach, kale or rocket if you aren’t mad on basil but I adore it in smoothies!
Ingredients: Makes 1 large serving
- 2 cups nectarine slices
- 1 large apple (pink lady are best)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 sachet Moringa or 1 tsp-1 tbsp other green superfood powder (e.g spirulina, wheatgrass, chlorella or hemp)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup spring or filtered water
- Stevia, to taste, optional (mint drops are nice here, 4 drops is about perfect for me)
- Blend ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Add stevia gradually, tasting after each drop.
- Serve and drink immediately.
No saturated fat
Very low in sodium
High in calcium
High in dietary fiber
High in iron
High in vitamin A
Very high in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C