Welcome to the very first Virtual Vegan *Linky* Potluck!
The wonderful Annie of An Unrefined Vegan, the creator of the twice-annual Virtual Vegan Potluck has now designed an event to keep alive the spirit of the VVP on a weekly basis. Every Wednesday there will be a blog hop that runs along the same lines as the VVP: food bloggers contributing delicious vegan, plant-based recipes within the following courses: Beverages, Appetizers, Salads, Breads, Soups/Stews, Main Dishes, Desserts. So, every Wednesday I will be joined by Angela of Canned Time and Annie to host the Potluck party where you can submit your recipes to any one of our blogs through the link at the bottom of this post. You have until the following Monday morning to enter and then we will share the favorite recipe from each course, based on voting by ‘liking’.
Today, I’m bringing a delicious drink to the party in the Beverages category which is inspired by a drink I had during my stay in Salt Lake City – Firehouse Subs Cherry Lime-Aid™. I dread to think what might be in it, but it sure tasted amazing, especially with freshly squeezed limes to finish it off. So, it was the first thing to recreate when I got home. Ingredients: Serves 2
- 100g/1/2 cup frozen morello cherries (or use ripe fresh in season)
- 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp NuNaturals Simple Syrup (or extra stevia drops, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Cherry-Vanilla flavoured stevia liquid
- 500ml/2 cups still or sparkling filtered water
- Crush the cherries well in a large jug (I use a rolling pin end), add the juice of 1 lime, the syrup and stevia liquid then add the water and stir.
- Can be strained and served immediately or left to infuse for a deeper flavour or blended to a thicker drink with all the fruit.
- Serve with wedges of the remaining lime.
What you need to do to join the party:
- Click on the link at the bottom of this post to enter the party.
- Enter the requested info: the link to the recipe you are contributing; name of the recipe; blog name; your name and email address; and select an image.
- Add a link back to the linky party within the text of your blog post that has the recipe in it (i.e., “I submitted this recipe to the Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck.”) Recipes submitted without this link back to the linky party will be removed from the Potluck.
- You can then submit a second recipe if you wish.
- Share the linky party with your blogging friends via social media or through a post on your own blog. Add the Virtual Vegan Linky Party button to your blog and please link the button back to that page so that people can find us.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- Bloggers submitting recipes need not be vegan, but recipes must be 100% vegan/plant-based. Recipes containing animal products will be removed from the Potluck. This includes honey.
- Entry per person, per week is limited to two.
Now, let’s get this party started! Happy Potluck!
Powered by Linky Tools Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…