Day 6 of the week of Green Smoothies in aid of an amazing giveaway, to share with FOUR lucky readers an amazing array of NuNaturals stevia products! The competition is open for entry until midnight GMT on April 23rd. Be sure to get extra entries using the options for even more chance of winning! Go enter!! Good luck to all!
Each winner will win;
- One bottle of Lemon Flavoured Stevia Liquid
- One bottle of Cherry Vanilla Flavoured Stevia Liquid
- One bottle of Peppermint Flavoured Stevia Liquid
- 50 packet box of NuStevia White Stevia Powder
- PLUS A FREE BONUS PRODUCT!
Today’s smoothie is for the chocolate and coffee lovers. I used to love a steaming hot mug of mocha back when I was a barista. I loved layering the espresso, velvety hot chocolate and frothy milk and watching it all swirl into one. Luckily in this day and age, when I turned vegan, I didn’t have to miss out as we already offered soya milk.
Now, I try to restrict coffee to very rare occasions as I definitely see correlation between consuming coffee and headaches and urinary tract infections which are my Achilles heel. Funnily enough, I can consume caffeine in other forms without the same urinary tract effects.
This smoothie is a nice treat to bring me back to my steaming hot mocha days, although it’s even better here, thick, creamy and ice cold. The cinnamon and hazelnut accents add a delicious dimension to the coffee and cocoa. Of course, you can use decaf or caffeinated coffee or even a coffee alternative if you prefer.
Inspired by the Vedged Out Green Smoothie Challenge.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 2 cups kale leaves (or spinach)
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 shot of espresso (or use half a cup of strong brewed coffee instead of half of the almond milk)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp hazelnut butter
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 tsp NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid (or to taste)
Blend all ingredients until smooth in a high speed blender.
Low in sodium
High in calcium
High in dietary fiber
Very high in manganese
High in magnesium
High in potassium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C