Happy World Vegetarian Day!

WVDhome_msthdpage-0

animal-banner

Images viaΒ http://www.worldvegetarianday.org/

This entry was posted in Animals, vegan, Vegetarian and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Happy World Vegetarian Day!

1. That might be something worth going for this October. . . less meat in my diet!

2. I didn’t even know there was a World Vegetarian Day – thanks for educating me Poppy! Celeste πŸ™‚

My pleasure, glad you know now! Isn’t it lovely! It marks the beginning of International Vegetarian Week (1st-7th October) within World Vegetarian Awareness Month (October)! So basically it’s vegetarian love month! πŸ˜€

3. Ani says:

First Hug a Vegetarian Day and now World Vegetarian Day? I am feeling the love!!

4. The Veggie Green says:

Lovely to see it being celebrated! πŸ™‚

5. Happy World Vegetarian Day! I saw a British friend’s Instagram, featuring a food cart for Happy World Vegetarian Day, giving out vegan food!

6. neetukushi says:

Oh wow, I’ve been a vegetarian for the past 17 years and I didn’t know there was a World Vegetarian Day or even an awareness week. Too cool! Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

It is really cool isn’t it! I too have been a vegetarian for 16 years and haven’t long known about it! Hopefully it will become more widely known and celebrated. Thank you for coming by. Poppy πŸ˜€

7. Hey Poppy! I notice you liked my post on Popcorn Activism – thanks! I’m really excited about this post and encouraging vegans to host viewings of Vegucated in their homes and in the community. This movie is what prompted me to go vegan, and I know that if we can get it out there it will help others to go vegan too. I’m only one person with a little blog, however; so I can only do so much.

No pressure, of course, but if you believe in this idea I’d love for you to consider sharing it on your blog. Here’s the link: http://honkifyourevegan.com/2013/10/02/popcorn-activism-a-fun-way-to-help-animals-2/. Like I said, please don’t feel any pressure, I’m just putting it out there if you’re interested in promoting this idea too. Celeste πŸ™‚

Hi Celeste, thank you so much for your message. As you may have seen, I wrote a post today to pass on your idea and to discuss my own connections with your idea of educating. I think it is such a wonderful and genius idea and I will be starting with my sisters!!
      Always a pleasure to support your work Celeste.
      Poppy πŸ˜€

8. Ah! Sorry for being late but Happy Belated World Vegetarian Day!