Setting the Chimps Free

Wonderful news and such a gorgeous video. I pray one day this will be the news for all laboratory animals as alternative methods develop.

Debbie Cockrell

This was my favorite story all week. Many of the federal government’s chimps held for testing in laboratories will be released. From VegNews:

According to The Humane Society of the United States, the NIH’s decision was due to a 2011 Institute of Medicine study, which found that primates are not necessary for effective biomedical and behavioral research.

If you want to imagine what that release will be like, watch this. And don’t just have a box of tissues on stand-by, get a roll of paper towels. You will be sobbing for joy when you see their little faces experience the fresh air and sunlight, trust me.  These were chimps set free in Austria in 2011 after 30 years of lab captivity.

View original post

This entry was posted in Animals, vegan, Vegetarian and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Setting the Chimps Free

1. Jane Doe says:

I am glad they are being released and hope they don’t have any long term damage. Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely agree with you, I doubt they’d be released if they had any severe impairments so hopefully they can now live a more natural life at last! 🙂

2. dweezer19 says:

Bless their hearts…

3. dweezer19 says:

Reblogged this on Costa Rica Tropical Affair and commented:
    Leaves me speechless..but happy.😌

4. This story brings a smile to my face. I also have high hopes that this will be the news for all lab animals.

Hi Bridget, it is a wonderful story. I believe one day animal testing will be fully replaced with cruelty free alternatives and I praise all the people doing incredible work to make it happen! Poppy 🙂