Thank you to The Vegan Kat for nominating me for a Liebster Award. Those of you who haven’t come across The Vegan Kat before are missing out! Kathyrn has a recipe for Vegan Ice Cream Cake that I just want to bury my face in!
Huge appreciation also to Sophie of sophies foodie files for nominating me in August 2013! Sophie is a fabulous blogger friend who is so kind in showing fellow bloggers great support. Thanks Sophie!
Thank you to Eva for nominating me for the Liebster award in October 2013! Eva writes ingloriousplastics, a wonderful green living blog based around avoiding plastic packaging. Check out her fabulous tips for greener living every day! Thank you Eva!
Thank you to AJ of The Dessert Course and Anne of BOOKS BAKING AND BLOGGING for nominating me for the Liebster award in November 2013! AJ self describes as one with a ‘semi-serious dessert addiction’ which resonates well with me! Go check out the recipes! Anne is a Dutch student who writes her blog to share her three hobbies of, you guessed it, books, baking and blogging! Anne’s Classic Dutch Apple Pie (with a little bit of soul) looks incredible and with a few tweaks could easily be made vegan!
Thank you to Karinna of CHEESY BISCUIT for nominating me for this award also in November 2013! Karinna shares her culinary adventures with wonderful recipes such as Spiced Apple, Date & Hazelnut Cake which I’d love to make a vegan version of!
My research on the award suggests that it originated as an award to small and new blogs which had less than 200 followers but over a few years has molded into more of an appreciation and ‘booster’ award.
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
11 Random Facts about me:
- I am half Portuguese (Madeiran)!
- I have 20 pets!
- I have 10 tattoos!
- I wondered into Sierra Leone to work with street children on my own when I was 16!
- I can only park in parking spaces on my right!
- I love Garfield and Spongebob!
- I turned vegetarian at the age of 6!
- My favourite colour is red!
- I developed a really sweet tooth just a few years ago!
- All my bunnies’ names begin with the letter B!
- I have hundreds and hundreds of cookbooks!
What’s your favorite book that you think everyone should read?
Field Notes from a Hidden City: An Urban Nature Diary by Esther Woolfson
What movie or TV series would you recommend watching?
I am obsessed with the 4400. I watched the entire seasons back to back in like a week!
What’s one of your favorite recipes?
I love the verde potato alfredo from Healthy. Happy. Life
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If you enjoy traveling, where is your dream destination and why?
Madagascar for an animal adventure!
Where’s your favorite place that you have travelled even if it’s somewhere close to home?
Sierra Leone – My African home
What are some of your hobbies beyond your blog?
Animals, Africa, music, films, zumba, cooking, reading….
What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you become that?
I wanted to be a vet – I’m now studying animal management so not far off!
Stealing one from Lidia… who inspires you?
My sister Taryn, street children and survivors in general….
Name one thing on your bucket list.
Learn to swim!
Who is your favorite musician or band?
Lana Del Rey
Questions for my nominees to answer:
- What’s your favourite cookbook?
- What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had?
- If you could become a non-human animal, what would you choose to be and why?
- What dish do you make most often?
- If you had to emigrate to a country of your choice, where would it be?
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate?
- Where’s the weirdest place you ever went?
- Do you have an embarrassing/cheesey nickname?
- What’s your favourite website?
- What is your favourite charity?
Blogs I award:
- cottage grove house
- The leaking boob
- honk if youre vegan
- Have a Shnick
- The Paper Wallflower
- Fig and Basil
- The Roots & Fruits
Thank you to LADYFLOWERSBYSUSAN, MISADVENTURES IN CRAFT and le petit artichaut for nominating me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award! Be sure t check out Susan’s incredibly cute Easter Bunny Bread Rolls, Stacie’s White Chocolate Anzac Cookies and Katie’s Creamy Vegan Spinach Dip.
The rules for the award:
1.Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 5 super sweet questions below – see my answers here
3. Include the Super Sweet logo in this post. You see it above.
4. Nominate a baker’s dozen other bloggers for this award.
5. Notify my nominees on their blogs.
Cookies or Cake?
Chocolate or Vanilla?
Favourite Sweet Treat?
When do you crave sweet things the most?
If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
Blogs I award:
- A Vegan in the Weeds.
- sensitive flour
- Aunty Em’s
- IN VEGETABLES WE TRUST
- JUICE AND PULP RECIPES
- Gluten Free Gus
- Heavenly Vegan Baking
- The Vegan Green
- The Cosy Vegan
- Better Bites
- RACHEL IN VEGANLAND
- The Reformed Carnivore