Homemade Coconut Butter

IMG-20120923-00407

Why buy expensive coconut butter when you can make organic coconut butter at home for a fraction of the price and in a few minutes?!

All you need is dried organic coconut flakes (I’ve only ever used desiccated), however much you want, a food processor and a sterilised jar.

Blitz the coconut until liquid and very smooth. It will be very liquid. Pour into the jar and leave to cool where it will set into firm coconut butter.

Especially delicious added to curries or on pancakes!

Nutrition per 100g desiccated coconut used;

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Nuts – Coconut meat, dried (desiccated), not sweetened, 100 g 660 24 65 7 37 7
This entry was posted in breakfast, Egg-free, vegan and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Homemade Coconut Butter

1. Wow, I never knew it was so easy! Thanks for the instructions, I will have to try soon.
    -Dana

2. Kate says:

What!? This is miraculously easy. I’ll try this with a bit of sweetener as a coconut glaze for cupcakes!

I know!! It’s amazing! I make loads of it, it keeps forever (maybe not actually forever). I’m not kidding when I say it takes a few minutes either. It sets up quite hard at room temperature so maybe for a glaze, soften it maybe with a drop of coconut milk? It may need some experimentation, love the idea though!!

3. Cathy Laws says:

Hey girl! This looks amazing!! Just wanted to thank you for checking out my most recent post and looking forward to reviewing more of your tasty recipes in the future 🙂

4. genevieveyam says:

I have a ton of desiccated coconut lying around my kitchen so now I know what to use it for! Great recipes, can’t wait to try them out. Thanks for checking out Life Is Like A Dumpling!

5. Thank you for sharing this its a great idea.

6. Brilliant!! I love this. Cannot wait to try….

7. Pingback: Daring Bakers – Cherry, Coconut and Pistachio Swedish Prinsesstårta | Poppy's Patisserie | Bunny Kitchen

8. This looks absolutely brilliant and so easy. Can’t wait to try it!

9. beautyjuice says:

I really want to try this. I use coconut butter all the time.

10. misscruciferous says:

Excellent tutorial – I wish I would have seen this before I dropped $10 on a jar of coconut butter at my co-op!

11. Pingback: Lemon Poppy Seed Bars | Sometimes I Miss the Sky

12. Pingback: Homemade Coconut Butter | Céline Express'on ABE ॐ

13. sjskill says:

I’m passing this along to my daughter who uses tons of coconut oil. Thanks. Enjoy your SITS Day.

14. Allison says:

Sounds easy and delicious!!

15. Pingback: The Daring Bakers – Coconut Tres Leches Cupcakes | Poppy's Patisserie | Bunny Kitchen

16. Pingback: Baked Nutty Pumpkin and Orange Cheesecake | Poppy's Patisserie | Bunny Kitchen

17. Pingback: Virtual Vegan Potluck – Layered Coconut Mousse with Chocolate Brownie and Caramelised Nuts | Poppy's Patisserie | Bunny Kitchen

18. Pingback: White Chocolate Glazed Beetroot and Fig Bars | Poppy's Patisserie | Bunny Kitchen

19. Pingback: Amazing Vegan, Organic, Fairtrade Beauty Product Review PLUS Massive Giveaway and Offers! | Bunny Kitchen

20. Pingback: 6 Amazing Vegan, Organic, Fairtrade Beauty Brands you Need to Know About! | Persian Moda