This is a really hearty, warm salad. It’s kept interesting with different flavours and textures. The olives add a lovely burst of saltiness. Feel free to try different herbs in the dressing. This is a very filling and delicious 400 calorie salad.
I’m super excited about the upcoming Virtual Vegan Potluck on May 11. It will be my first time participating and I can’t wait to discover new vegans and bloggers around the world. Sign up is open until May 6th so go check it out! You don’t have to be a vegan to participate, just create a vegan dish for the event.
- Lettuce or salad leaves of choice (I used round lettuce)
- 2 tomatoes
- 30g green olives
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 250g packet ready to eat stewed lentils or home cooked
- 100g plain soya yoghurt
- 10g fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Slice the peeled sweet potatoes about 1cm thick and grill in a health grill or in a griddle pan over a medium high heat until cooked through and coloured.
- Cook the sliced courgette in the same way.
- Divide the leaves, sliced tomatoes and chopped olives between two salad bowls and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix the yoghurt with the garlic salt and finely chopped basil, adding extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the lentils.
- Arrange the sweet potato, courgette and lentils on the salad and spoon over the yoghurt dressing.