After an exciting trip to Aldi last week, Mat stocked up on marshmallows and rice krispies to curb his peter pan sweetie cravings.
Of course, I whipped up these pastel pink treats for Mat to bring to his friend for their ‘X Box’ day, aren’t I a good girlfriend?! And I know, they never grow up, do they?!
Anyway, the reviews are good, I’ve got a cake sale on Friday and I think these may just be on the menu, so cheap, easy, quick and minimally messy to make!
Not suitable for Vegetarians or Vegans unless gelatine free marshmallows are used!
Ingredients: Cuts in to at least 20 squares
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine or coconut oil
- 285g/10 oz vegetarian marshmallows, any shape, size or colour
- 180g/6 cups puffed rice cereal (such as rice krispies or brown puffed rice)
- Melt the margarine or coconut oil in a large saucepan, (largest you’ve got or do in batches if you don’t have a large enough pan) over a low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until everything’s completely melted, and you have a beautifully smooth, shiny, glossy mixture without any lumps of marshmallow remaining, then remove from the heat.
- Next add the rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using a greased spatula, press the mixture evenly into a 13″ x 9″ x 2″ lined baking tray.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting in to squares with a sharp knife.
Adapted from Kellogs