Another variation of vegan pancakes based on this recipe. You can really play with this recipe and use whatever fruit you have on hand.
Ingredients: Makes 10 pancakes.
- 1 Cup All Purpose/Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 – 1 Teaspoon (depending on how strong you like the flavour) good ground Cinnamon (preferably Vietnamese)
- Pinch salt
- 1 sachet creamed coconut dissolved in 1 Cup boiling water or 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 Tablespoons mashed banana/banana purée
- 2 Teaspoon Almond Oil/any other oil
Stir together all dry ingredients together in one bowl, and all wet in another. Add the wet into the dry and stir just enough to combine the two.
Lightly grease a skillet or frying pan (I pour in about a tsp of oil and then wipe around with kitchen paper) and turn up the heat to medium, making sure it has time to get hot before adding the batter. When ready, ladle dollops of the batter into your skillet and allow them to sit, undisturbed for 2 or 3 minutes, until bubbles erupt along the top and the edges seem to have firmed up a bit. Flip, and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes on the other side. Place each pancake in the oven whilst ou cook the rest to keep warm. Also great toasted.