These pancakes are absolutely delicious. My own adaptation of this basic recipe which is amazing. I made them for Mat this morning along with a banana and coconut version and, of course he had no idea they were vegan, until I told him!
Hoooray for vegan food!
Ingredients: Makes 10
- 1 Cup All Purpose/Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Ground Almonds
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon good ground Cinnamon (preferably Vietnamese)
- Pinch salt
- 1 Cup nonn dairy milk or water
- 4 Tablespoons Apple sauce/Apple purée
- 2 Teaspoon Almond Oil/any other oil
- Handful of raisins/other dried fruit
Preheat the oven to it’s lowest heat setting and place a baking tray inside the oven.
Stir together all dry ingredients together in one bowl, and all wet in another. Add the wet into the dry and stir just enough to combine the two. Stir through the raisins.
Lightly grease a skillet or frying pan (I pour in about a tsp of oil and then wipe around with kitchen paper) and turn up the heat to medium, making sure it has time to get hot before adding the batter. When ready, ladle dollops of the batter into your skillet and allow them to sit, undisturbed for 2 or 3 minutes, until bubbles erupt along the top and the edges seem to have firmed up a bit. Flip, and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes on the other side. Place each pancake in the oven whilst ou cook the rest to keep warm. Also great toasted.