These are the most fudgey brownies in the world! And they are really simple to make and use just a few store cupboard ingredients – and they’re really low in fat and suitable for vegans! Perfect!
Makes 9-12 squares:
- 95g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
bicarbonate of soda
- 240ml plain soya yoghurt
- 120ml cold water
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup Dark Vegan Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch square pan and line it with aluminium foil, with some extra foil hanging around the edges so that it is easy to lift out the finished brownie.
- Mix together the yoghurt and sugar until well combined.
- Sift over the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, nuts and chocolate chips (if using) and stir until just combined.
- Add water and stir carefully until combined – the batter will be very loose.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set but still squidgy, a skewer inserted into the middle will come out chocolatey but without loads of wet mixture.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave it on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes carefully lift the foil and let the brownies cool a little before you cut into squares.
- Serve warm as a dessert with whipped cream or ice cream or serve cold as a sweet treat!
Nutrition based on 12 servings including chocolate chips and nuts;
Serving Size 61 g
Amount Per Serving
|Vitamin A 0%||•||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 2%||•||Iron 8%|
Adapted from this recipe, well, converted only really.