These were another treat at the StreetInvest cake sale. They are delicious AND JAM FILLED. They taste just like a good fried jam filled donut, despite being baked and being a muffin! Delicious warm from the oven, coated in butter and sugar and equally yummy the next day!
These were one of the quickest things to go at the sale!
Makes 12 muffins
280g plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
115g caster sugar
2 eggs replacements
200ml non dairy milk
6tbsp vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla extract
6tbsp jam of choice
100g vegan butter, melted
150g granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas 6. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases or grease the holes
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt in a bowl then stir in the caster sugar
- Measure the milk in a measuring jug, then beat in the egg replacer, oil and vanilla
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add in the liquid – gently fold in until just combined – DO NOT BEAT – THERE SHOULD BE LUMPS IN THE BATTER
- spoon half of the mixture into the muffin tin, then top each with half a tbsp of jam before covering with the remainder of the batter
- Bake for 20 minutes, until risen, firm and golden.
- Whilst baking make the topping – melt the butter in the microwave in a small dish, and add the sugar to another shallow dish.
- When baked, remove the muffins from the oven. Brush each, with melted butter or dip in if you prefer then coat in sugar – spoon over and shake of excess or dip in.
- Serve warm or leave to cool – they will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container.