Although lately my chocolate needs are being satisfied, delightfully, by cocoa laced smoothies disguised as Jaffa Cake or gloriously laden with peanut butter and banana, there is still a much required place in my recipe repertoire for a rich and creamy, dark and delicious pot of smooth chocolate ganache.
These pots require just two, basic, simple ingredients to be transformed into a heavenly dessert in minutes. I love simplicity, especially the kind that your dinner guests will never suspect took such little effort. This is a recipe which is your secret weapon to last minute menu plans or when you just need to indulge.
This is a simple canvas that can be transformed in many ways, or simply left alone in it’s elegant allure.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 250ml/1 cup coconut cream (from a carton or a chilled can of full fat coconut milk – solid cream only)
- 100g dark non dairy chocolate (or raw chocolate)
- Optional liquid stevia to taste, use NuNaturals flavoured stevia extracts for different flavour profiles, I recommend vanilla, orange, mint or cherry vanilla for a black forest.
- Optional flavourings – nuts, nut butters, natural extracts, orange zest, dried fruit, chocolate chips or shavings, crumble, spices.
- Simply melt together the chocolate and coconut cream until smooth, add and flavourings and add stevia to taste.
- Divide between 4 small ramekins, adorn with any chosen toppings or alternatively chill in a large bowl and serve quenelles over a crumble or finely chopped nuts.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.